Be With Us, on this Battle Against Poverty in Mindanao
Come and Join our Council!
The Mindanao Microfinance Council, Inc. is an association of microfinance institutions in Mindanao with a total number of 39 Member Institutions comprised of 12 NGOs, 7 Rural/Coop Banks, 7 Cooperatives, 2 MBAs and 1 Cooperative Association.
MMC was formally registered with the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission on March 25, 2004 and its first officers were elected and sworn in on March 30, 2004 during the 2004 Mindanao Microfinance Summit in Davao City.
MMC is divided into four regional clusters: Southern Mindanao Regional Council, Northern Mindanao Regional Council, Zamboanga Regional Council and CARAGA Regional Council.
BENEFITS OF BEING A MEMBER OF MMC
1. Enjoy discounted rate on registration fee on all seminar/workshops, conferences and other events organized by MMC;
2. Members are entitled to avail of the discounted rate on hotel accommodation where events of MMC are being held;
3. MMC Members will exclusively be entitled to join exposure visits to high-performing MFIs and Microfinance Networks/Associations in the Philippines and to other countries in Asia;
4. Free subscription of MMC Newsletter containing MMC events, Members’ News and Microfinance Industry News;
5. Opportunity to learn from other MFIs through Information and Technical Exchange during Regional Microfinance Council Meetings and Conferences;
MEMBERSHIP FEE AND ANNUAL DUES
The new member pays the corresponding one-time membership fee of Php 5,000 and may choose 1 out of the 3 options in paying the membership annual due, presented as follows:
a. Payment of full amount of Php 20,000 before the month of March of each year;
b. Payment in pro-rated amount of Php 23,000 payable within the first 3 quarters of each year;
c. Subscription of microinsurance products from one of the insurance companies (Country Bankers, Pioneer, Bankers Assurance) that have partnership agreement with Mindanao Microfinance Council by enrolling at least 1,000 clients annually;
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF MMC
Interested institutions must fill-up the Membership Profile Form together with Board Resolution to join MMC and send it to email@example.com together with a letter of intent for membership, which is to be addressed to the MMC Executive Director.
Your membership application will be evaluated and subsequently be forwarded to MMC’s Board of Trustees for final review and approval.
A notice of acceptance for membership will be sent within a week after a 2/3 vote from the BOT will be garnered to have the membership application to officially be considered as approved.
Please see the Membership Guidelines and Policy on Annual Dues for more details.